Artist in Residence
This programme provides artists the space and professional support to develop their work and explore new creative ideas. The mission of the scheme is to foster a sense of creative community locally, creating dialogue and interest around the artist’s work, while encouraging community engagement. The programme offers studio facilities throughout the residency period. There are 8 artist studios catered to different creative mediums. The studio spaces are shared between 2-3 artists, encouraging the exchange of ideas and creativity.
The programme is a project-based residency available for a period of 3-6 months. The Centre encourages residents to develop their own work as well as to conduct community and educational activities.
Artists will be expected to:
- Occupy the studio spaces regularly and productively, for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Develop and deliver bi-weekly workshops relevant to their residency project or creative practice.
- Develop and deliver talks or discussions relevant to their residency project or creative practice.
- Produce artwork for an end-of-residency exhibition at Sheikh Abdullah Al-Salem Cultural Centre.
- Participate in the Sheikh Abdullah Al-Salem Cultural Centre Open House and studio events.
- Donate one piece of artwork from the residency to be included in our art collection.